Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Revival

Well I have a few things on my mind this morning. We have been in revival now going on 4 days. We have had some wonderful services, really, there are no words to describe the presence, and the work that is taking place. The one thing that baffles me is when God reveals himself and he is still rejected, people only wanting to accept the things that they want and refuse with every part of their being to submit everything in their lives over to God. They want to encounter God but wont give up the deep dark issues, they just want to shove them under the bed and say "Oh, it's all good!", but the thing is, is that God requires every part of our life not just what we want to give him, he is a jealous God, he wants it all. I feel this way because God started showing me the things in my life that needed to be turned over and I guess I should say that it's not always easy. I even have said to God "I don't think I know how to turn this over to you," but I have come to realize that it requires constant prayer of saying "Ok Father I lift this up to you right now, please take this from me." One thing we need to know is that God cant work in is full glory in our lives until everything is submitted to him.

2 comments:

Trudy said...

good words of wisdom

sassy chic said...

Well I am trying to submit everything to Him but you didn't have to blog about it...could have just come to me :)